Virginia Jean MARTYN 
- Born: 6 June 1914, Aberdeen, Brown, South Dakota, United States
- Marriage (1): Percy Edmond RABIDUE  [FamilySearch ID: LBGD-JY3] [Find A Grave ID: 79186446] on 18 November 1939
- Died: 12 August 2011, Laramie, Albany, Wyoming, United States at age 97
- Buried: August 2011, Laramie, Albany, Wyoming, United States
Another name for Virginia was Jean MARTYN.
FamilySearch ID: LR42-HGT. Find a Grave ID: 114108878.
Noted events in her life were:
1. Census: 1920 United States, 5 February 1920, , Dewey, South Dakota, United States. 110 1920_SD_Dewey_3_46_01b
Listed in Township 17 N, Range 22 E. Living with his second wife, Ada, their two daughters Thelma and Virginia, and Ada's father, Charles Speck.
2. Census: 1930 United States, 23 April 1930, , Dewey, South Dakota, United States. 1930_SD_Dewey_21-24_22_1a
Appears in the 1930 Census living with her father, Edmund in South Dakota.
3. Census: 1925 South Dakota State, 1925, Isabel, Dewey, South Dakota, United States.
Virginia Jane Martyn
County: Dewey, PO: Isabel, Township: 17
Birthplace: South Dakota
Father's Birthplace: New York
Mother's Birthplace: Michigan
Extent of Education: Cont.
Church Affiliation: Con
-- Film: 2368672, Marl - Marv
4. Education: Isabel High School, Abt 1932, Isabel, Dewey, South Dakota, United States. 517
5. Residence, 1935, Isabel, Dewey, South Dakota, United States.
6. Census: 1940 United States, 10 April 1940, Timber Lake, Dewey, South Dakota, United States. Township 17, Range 24
Birth placeNameRelMarital GenAgeBirth year
MontanaPercy Rabidue Head Married Male211919
South DakotaVirginia Rabidue Wife Married Fem251915
New YorkEdward J MartynFather-in-law Widowed Male791861
7. Residence: Township 17, Range 24, 10 April 1940, Timber Lake, Dewey, South Dakota, United States.
8. Census: 1945 South Dakota, 1945, Spearfish, Lawrence, South Dakota, United States.
9. Residence, 1951, Rock River, Albany, Wyoming, United States. 518
10. Obituary: Laramie Boomerang, 16 August 2011, Laramie, Albany, Wyoming, United States. 519 Virginia Jean Rabidue, 97 of Laramie
Laramie Boomerang (WY) - Tuesday, August 16, 2011
Virginia Jean Rabidue, 97, of Rock River, died Friday, Aug. 12, 2011, at the Laramie Care Center.
She was born June 6, 1914, in Aberdeen, S.D., a daughter of Edmund J. and Ada (Speck Farney) Martyn. At a very young age, she moved with her family to a farm in Dewey, S.D. When she was 8, her mother died and she continued to live on the farm with her father until she graduated from Isabel High School and business school. She moved to Timber Lake, S.D., for employment with the Dewey County Court House.
She married Percy Rabidue on Nov. 18, 1939. They lived in South Dakota until 1950, when they moved to Rock River where over time they owned and operated gas stations, a grocery store, a motel and a small mink ranch. After husband's death in 1969, she worked for the Rock River School, first as an assistant cook, then as a school secretary until she retired when she was 70.
She was preceded in death by her parents; her husband; an infant son, Larry; a half sister, Thelma Martyn; two half brothers, Glenn Martyn and Kenneth Farney; and two grandchildren, Pegi Rabidue and Sherri Rabidue.
She is survived by a son, Gerald "Jerry" Rabidue and his wife, Carolyn, of Rock River; a daughter, Joanne Lemler and her husband, David, of Rural Marshall County, Ind.; four grandchildren, Jodi Newkirk, Corri Sandoval, Franklin Lemler and Jeffery Lemler; eight greatgrandchildren; and a greatgreat-granchild.
In honor of her wishes, there will be no services.
Memorials may be made to the Town of Rock River for the Holiday Park Fund, P.O. Box 280, Rock River, WY 82083. To send condolences or to sign the online guest book, go to www.montgomerystryker.com.
Virginia married Percy Edmond RABIDUE  [FamilySearch ID: LBGD-JY3] [Find A Grave ID: 79186446] [MRIN: 4313] on 18 November 1939. (Percy Edmond RABIDUE  [FamilySearch ID: LBGD-JY3] [Find A Grave ID: 79186446] was born on 24 August 1918 in Comertown, Sheridan, Montana, United States, died on 6 March 1969 and was buried in March 1969 in Laramie, Albany, Wyoming, United States.)