Jack Edwin ROE  431
- Born: 25 January 1920, Pickford, Chippewa, Michigan, United States 197
- Marriage (1): Edna Margaret PENNINGTON  [L24T-KS5]
- Died: 27 June 2006, Ocala, Marion, Florida, United States at age 86
- Buried: Pickford, Chippewa, Michigan, United States
FamilySearch ID: L24T-R67.
Noted events in his life were:
1. Obituary: Soo Evening News, 30 June 2006, Sault Ste. Marie, Chippewa, Michigan, United States. Jack Roe
Jack E. Roe, age 86, of Ocala, Florida, formerly of Pickford, Michigan, passed away peacefully at his home in Ocala on June 27, 2006.
He was born in Pickford on January 25, 1920, and is survived by his devoted and loving wife of 68 years, Edna (Pennington); sons James and Francis (Cindy) of Summerfield, Fla.; Roger (Pat) of Sault Ste. Marie; brother Don of Ocala, Fla., nine grandchildren and 13 great-grandchildren.
Jack worked at Kincheloe Air Force Base in the Roads and Grounds Division and later in the Real Property Office at the base. He and his wife owned and operated Roe Realty in Pickford. They were winter residents of Florida for many years and permanent residents for the last six.
A World War II veteran, he took part in the South Pacific operations in the invasion of Okinawa and was a member of the VFW.
His memorial service will be held at the Hiers-Baxley Funeral Home in Ocala on Saturday, July 1, 2006. In lieu of flowers, donations may be left to Hospice, the Salvation Army, or the First Presbyterian Church in the Sault. Interment will be at Cottle Cemetery in Pickford at a later date.
Jack married Edna Margaret PENNINGTON  [L24T-KS5] [MRIN: 114], daughter of Francis PENNINGTON  [LZNV-RMX]  and Margaret A. NELSON  [L24T-JL6].