Gerald J. MALEPORT  63
- Born: 19 July 1935, Sault Ste. Marie, Chippewa, Michigan, United States 63
- Marriage (1): Shirley Jean HUNTER  on 30 April 1955 84
- Died: 7 November 2001, Marquette, Marquette, Michigan, United States at age 66
- Buried: 9 November 2001, Bruce, Chippewa, Michigan, United States
Another name for Gerald was Jerry MALEPORT.
FamilySearch ID: L288-NX6.
Bruce, Chippewa, Michigan, United States
Noted events in his life were:
1. His obituary was published on 8 November 2001 in Sault Ste. Marie, Chippewa, Michigan, United States.
Gerald James Maleport, 66, a lifelong resident of Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan passed away Wednesday morning, November 7, 2001 at Marquette General Hospital.
Mr. Maleport was born in Sault Ste. Marie on July 19, 1935, the son of the late John and Bernice (Payment) Maleport. He worked as a brick mason, building many buildings and homes in the Sault Ste. Marie area. He enjoyed working and collecting antique cars. He loved his grandchildren greatly.
He is survived by his wife, Shirley J. (Hunter) Maleport; three sons, Gary (Carol) Maleport, John Maleport, and Steve (Loretta) Maleport all of Sault Ste. Marie; three daughters, Karen Bilitz of Beaver Dam, Wisc., Joanie (John) Grove of Sault Ste. Marie, and Diana Noble of Marquette; and 12 grandchildren. He is also survived by a brother, Frances Maleport of Texas; and three sisters, Shirley Fabry of Sault Ste. Marie, Joanie Williams and Norma Young both of Texas.
He was preceded in death by his parents; two brothers, Kenneth and Melvin Maleport; and two sisters, Millie Jones and Audrey Mansfield.
Visitation will be held from 6 until 9 p.m. on Thursday, November 8 at Hovie Funeral Home. Funeral services will be held at 11 a.m. on Friday, November 9 at the funeral home with Pastor Louis Bergman officiating. Burial will be at Oaklawn Chapel Gardens.
2. His funeral was held Hovie Funeral Home on 9 November 2001 in Sault Ste. Marie, Chippewa, Michigan, United States.
Pastor Louis Bergman officiated.
Gerald married Shirley Jean HUNTER  [MRIN: 47], daughter of Reuben HUNTER  and Melinda PENNINGTON , on 30 April 1955.84 (Shirley Jean HUNTER  was born on 3 February 1938 in Rosedale, Chippewa, Michigan, United States,67 died on 13 September 2013 in Sault Ste. Marie, Chippewa, Michigan, United States and was buried in Bruce, Chippewa, Michigan, United States.)